CIS 101: Introduction to
Computer Information Systems: Class #20138
Instructor: B. Negrete
Phone: (562) 860-2451 ext. 2735
Getting Started with MyITLab and Windows 8
See the MyITLab class site for the date & time.
Objective: To become familiar with basic functions of Windows
Student Learning Outcome #1:
organized set of folders, and successfully copy, move, delete, and rename
folders and files according to a model assigned by the instructor.
Notice: The completed assignment must be
submitted before the deadline to receive credit.
Late assignments will not be accepted. It simply is not fair to those students
that submit the assignment before the deadline.
- Print and Read these
instructions before proceeding.
- Acquire an email account and enter your email address into your MyCerritos
and TalonNet profiles.
- All email messages sent to Mr. Negrete must include the
Subject: CIS-101 Class ##### followed by a brief
description of the message.
CIS-101 Class Number #####
Please note: messages without the above Subject &
Signature will be returned/deleted.
Part 1: Getting started with MyITLab
Use the following links to see the instructions for Registering for MyITLab
and Enrolling in a MyITLab course.
- Use this link to see the MyITLab home page.
- Use the "STUDENTS" link to check out the resources to help you with
- Using a personal/home computer for MyITLab?
Run the "Home Computer Set-Up"
using the link at the top of the page.
sure to carefully read and follow all
of the instructions.
- To gain access to the MyITLab class site, you must first
Register for a MyITLab account and then
Enroll in our MyITLab class.
- Use the "Get
Registered" link to begin the registration process.
To Register for MyITLab.
- Gather the following data that will be needed for registration:
from the MyITLab Student Access Kit that came with your book
- The Cerritos College Postal Zip Code: 90650
To Enroll our MyITLab course
using the MyITLab Course ID shown below.
||MyITLab Course ID
|CIS 101 Intro. to Computers
Part 2: Getting Started with
Microsoft Windows 8.
- Use the GO! with Microsoft Windows
8 Introductory textbook
for this project.
- Use a blank flash drive for this project.
You will continue to use this drive for the remainder of the course
- Using File Explorer, Name
the flash drive "CIS101#####".
- Read and work through the Chapter 1: "Getting Started with
Windows 8" projects 1A & 1B on pages 1
Part 3: Use the
this part and the GO! with Microsoft Windows 8 Introductory
textbook (20 pts.)
Sign into MyITLab and enter our course site.
- Click on the Course Materials tab.
- Click on the Windows & MS Office Assignments folder.
- Click on the
- Click on the "A01Go! Windows 8 Chapter 1:
End-of-Chapter Quiz" to start the quiz.
- Use the Submit button when you have
completed the quiz.