PE 141 LECTURE
(Assignments should be 3-5 pages not including diagrams)
Student Learning Outcome: Students will demonstrate the ability to design an individualized fitness program including appropriate goal setting, principles of safe and effective exercise, principles of progression and overload.
I. Write two goals that you hope to accomplish after the semester ends. (4 points)
(Chapters 1 & 2).
· Goals should be specific, realistic and measurable.
· Include your expected outcome and a timeline of expected completion.
II. Apply the FITT Principle, overload principle, and principle of progression in the development of your program design. (13 points)
(Chapters 2, plus chapters 3 through 15 depending on your goal)
· What will your exercise plan be? Specifically state what exercises you will perform and how you will perform them. Include a diagram of exercises in an attachment at the end of your paper. (draw, print from internet, or cut from a magazine)
· What techniques will you use?
· Include information on which component of Fitness and/or which muscle/muscle group you are working on with each exercise.
· What will be your weekly/monthly progression and overload?
· How will you document progression and overload?
· How will you measure successful outcome?
III. What barriers will you face and what tools will you utilize to overcome those barriers. (3 points) (Chapter 1).
IV. References should be included. Your text book should be included as one of your references. Additionally any website should be referenced by including the web address.