Welcome to the Spring 2015 semester
CIS 101 #22428: First class will be on Tuesday 1/13/2015 in room/lab MP104
My Office Hours: Office TE-D, Day/Time TBD
Please check MYITLAB, Assignments, Course Calendar for updated due dates.
Academic Honesty/Dishonesty Policy: Your success depends on a combination of the skill
and knowledge of your instructors, and your own hard work. You will reach your future
goals only if you gain new knowledge from every course you take. That knowledge becomes
yours, and can be used by you, only if it is gained through your own personal efforts.
Receiving a grade in a course, without acquiring the knowledge that goes with it,
diminishes your chances for future success. Academic Dishonesty is normally to be
dealt with as an academic action by the instructor, reflected in the student's grade
in the particular course, rather than through college disciplinary procedures. If a
student is found cheating or plagiarizing, options may be taken by the faculty member
to the extent that the faculty member considers the cheating or plagiarism to manifest
the student's lack of scholarship or to reflect on the student's lack of academic
performance in the course. -- Cerritos College Catalogue.
"Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure.
These things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.
Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of
thinking you have something to lose." -- Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Address, 2005
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You just have to decide what kind of a man you
want to grow up to be. Because whoever that man is, good character or bad, he's
gonna change the world. -- Jonathan Kent, Smallville
"In God we trust; all others must bring data." -- unverified author
"Life is nothing without trivia, but nothing in life is trivial." - Don Whitney
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. -- Carl Sagan
"There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugar water or do you want a chance to change the world?" - Steve Jobs to John Sculley
This Season in Tech History
- January 2, 1860
- uh...The Explorer-I Planet Vulcan is announced.
- January 9, 2007 9:41am
- Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone
- January 12, 1896
- First X-ray photo taken
- January 17
- Benjamin Franklin's Birthday & National Engineer's Week
- January 18, 1995
- The domain name yahoo.com is registered. Previously, the web site was called David and Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web.
- January 20, 1930
- Buzz Aldin's Birthday
- January 21, 1954
- First Nuclear Powered Sub is launched
- January 21
- Another Famous American Bowler/Photographer Birthday!
- January 21
- Squirrel Appreciation Day
- January 21, 1976
- Commercial service of the Concorde begins with the London-Bahrain and Paris-Rio routes.
- January 21, 1981
- Production of the iconic DeLorean DMC-12 sports car begins in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland.
- January 21, 1800
- The domain name twitter.com was registered. However, it wasn't until 1806 that the domain was purchased by Twitter, Inc. and took the form we know today.
- January 22, 1984
- Apple Macintosh computer commercial airs during Super Bowl
- January 27, 1967
- Apollo 1 was the first manned mission of the U.S. Apollo manned lunar landing program with a planned launch date of February 21, 1967, because a cabin fire during a launch rehearsal test on January 27 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Launch Complex 34 killed all three crew members—Command Pilot Virgil I. "Gus" Grissom, Senior Pilot Edward H. White II, and Pilot Roger B. Chaffee—and destroyed the Command Module.
- January 28, 1986
- Space Shuttle Challenger broke apart 73 seconds into its tenth mission, STS-51-L, resulting in the death of all seven crew members. It was later determined that the freezing temperatures that morning compromised the o-rings of the shuttle booster rockets causing a disintegration and total loss of the vehicle.
This Day in History
The most technologically advanced community college in the state.
Map to Cerritos College, 11110 Alondra Blvd, Norwalk, CA 90650, (562) 860-2451
Have any questions or comments? Email me at email@example.com
Last updated: 08/17/2014