Welcome to the Fall 2014 semester
My Office Hours: Office TE-D, Tuesdays, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Please check MYITLAB, Assignments, Course Calendar for updated due dates.
CIS 101 #20144: Class starts Tuesday 8/19/2014
CIS 101 #20672: Class starts Wednesday 8/20/2014
Academic Honesty/Dishonesty Policy: Your success depends on a combination of the skill
and knowledge of your instructors, and your own hard work. You will reach your future
goals only if you gain new knowledge from every course you take. That knowledge becomes
yours, and can be used by you, only if it is gained through your own personal efforts.
Receiving a grade in a course, without acquiring the knowledge that goes with it,
diminishes your chances for future success. Academic Dishonesty is normally to be
dealt with as an academic action by the instructor, reflected in the student's grade
in the particular course, rather than through college disciplinary procedures. If a
student is found cheating or plagiarizing, options may be taken by the faculty member
to the extent that the faculty member considers the cheating or plagiarism to manifest
the student's lack of scholarship or to reflect on the student's lack of academic
performance in the course. -- Cerritos College Catalogue.
"Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure.
These things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.
Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of
thinking you have something to lose." -- Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Address, 2005
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You just have to decide what kind of a man you
want to grow up to be. Because whoever that man is, good character or bad, he's
gonna change the world. -- Jonathan Kent, Smallville
"In God we trust; all others must bring data." -- unverified author
"Life is nothing without trivia, but nothing in life is trivial." - Don Whitney
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. -- Carl Sagan
"There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugar water or do you want a chance to change the world?" - Steve Jobs to John Sculley
This Season in Tech History
- September 1, 1977
- Pioneer 11 becomes the first man-made object to fly by Saturn.
- September 3, 1976
- Unmanned U.S. spacecraft Viking 2 landed on Mars to take the first close-up, color photographs of the planet’s surface.
- September 3, 1995
- eBay is launched.
- September 4, 1956
- First Commercial Hard Drive. The IBM 350 Disk Storage Unit Model 1 was about the size of two refrigerators and weighing one ton, the 350 could store about 4 megabytes, depending on how it was calculated.
- September 6, 2008
- Google Satellite GeoEye-1 Launched. GeoEye-1, is launched from Vandenburg Air Force Base.
- September 7, 1998
- Google starts official Incorporation.
- September 8, 1966
- Star Trek airs pilot episode.
- September 9, 1947
- Grace Hopper found a moth blocking a relay on the Harvard Mark II Aiken Relay Calculator. She affixed the actual bug to the project's log book with Scotch tape.
- September 10, 2013
- Apple announces iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c. Available on Sept 20
- September 14, 1959
- Soviet space probe Luna 2 became the first man-made object to reach the moon as it crashed onto the lunar surface.
- September 20, 2013
- Apple iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c available.
This Day in History
The most technologically advanced community college in the state.
Map to Cerritos College, 11110 Alondra Blvd, Norwalk, CA 90650, (562) 860-2451
Have any questions or comments? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 08/17/2014