Welcome to the Spring 2015 semester
CIS 101 #21859: First class will be on Friday 5/27/2015 at 5pm in room/lab MP102
CIS 101 #21859: First class will be on Saturday 5/28/2015 at 9am in room/lab MP104
My Office Hours: Office TE-D, Day/Time TBD
Please check MYITLAB, Assignments, Course Calendar for updated due dates.
Academic Honesty/Dishonesty Policy: Your success depends on a combination of the skill
and knowledge of your instructors, and your own hard work. You will reach your future
goals only if you gain new knowledge from every course you take. That knowledge becomes
yours, and can be used by you, only if it is gained through your own personal efforts.
Receiving a grade in a course, without acquiring the knowledge that goes with it,
diminishes your chances for future success. Academic Dishonesty is normally to be
dealt with as an academic action by the instructor, reflected in the student's grade
in the particular course, rather than through college disciplinary procedures. If a
student is found cheating or plagiarizing, options may be taken by the faculty member
to the extent that the faculty member considers the cheating or plagiarism to manifest
the student's lack of scholarship or to reflect on the student's lack of academic
performance in the course. -- Cerritos College Catalogue.
"Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure.
These things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.
Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of
thinking you have something to lose." -- Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Address, 2005
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You just have to decide what kind of a man you
want to grow up to be. Because whoever that man is, good character or bad, he's
gonna change the world. -- Jonathan Kent, Smallville
"In God we trust; all others must bring data." -- unverified author
"Life is nothing without trivia, but nothing in life is trivial." - Don Whitney
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. -- Carl Sagan
"There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugar water or do you want a chance to change the world?" - Steve Jobs to John Sculley
This Season in Tech History
- March 1, 1893
- Nikola Tesla gives the first public demonstration of radio in St. Louis, Missouri.
- March 1, 1995
- Yahoo! is incorporated.
- March 3, 1847
- Alexander Graham Bell is born. Died August 2, 1922
- March 6, 1912
- Oreo's Birthday!
- March 6, 1998
- The Dude abides! The movie The Big Lebowski is released.
- March 7, 2012
- Apple announces the new iPad
- March 8, 1983
- IBM announces the IBM Personal Computer XT (eXtended Technology). It features a Intel 8088 processor, 10MB hard drive, 128 kB RAM,
40Kb ROM and double-sided 360 kB floppy drive. For $4995, it’s all yours. The machine was also called IBM Machine Type number 5160.
- March 11, 1952
- DON'T PANIC. Douglas Adams is born, author of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Died May 11, 2001
- March 13
- Pluto Planet Day
- March 14
- Pi Day
- March 15, 44 BC
- Beware the Ides of March. Julius Caesar is murdered
- March 15, 1985
- Symbolics became the first domain registered on the World Wide Web.
- March 21, 2006
- Twitter is born!
- March 25
- Waffle Day! Celebrated in Sweden
- March 26, 1931
- Leonard Nimoy was born in Boston on March 26, 1931, the son of Ukrainian Jewish immigrants. He began acting early; at age eight Nimoy was already acting in local productions. Best known as Star Trek's Mr. Spock. Died February 27, 2015.
- March 28, 1979
- Three Mile Island Nuclear accident
- March 29, 1983
- Radio Shack introduces the TRS-80 Model 100. It is the first portable computer featuring a 2.4 MHz processor for $799.
- March 30, 1941
- The first commercial computer, the UNIVersal Automatic Computer (UNIVAC I) is born.
This Day in History
The most technologically advanced community college in the state.
Map to Cerritos College, 11110 Alondra Blvd, Norwalk, CA 90650, (562) 860-2451
Have any questions or comments? Email me at email@example.com
Last updated: 03/01/2015