BUSINESS SPELLING & PROOFREADING by Mageya Sharp
1. E-mail your homework answers to me.
2. I will send you the correct answers.
3. After correcting your answers, e-mail your quizzes and exams to me.
4. DO NOT MISS THE DEADLINES!!! NO EXTENSIONS!!!
5. Go to Calendar for deadlines.
DEVELOPING PROOFREADING AND EDITING SKILLS by Sue C. Camp
1. Complete all exercises plus A & B
and compare to correct answers in back of textbook.
2. Only turn in Sections C & D at the end of each chapter. Do the proofreading marks and send as an attachment by SCANNING your work or dropping it off at my office, SS-29. I want to see you using the proofreading marks.
The Student CD that accompanies the book contains documents to be proofread, edited, and corrected while at the computer. These CD applications, provided in Microsoft Word format, give you practical experience in proofreading material in various forms: memos, letters, reports, newsletters, and database.
A copy of the document to be corrected appears in the student text at the end of each chapter, exercises E & F. Make all corrections using the CD.
1. Open the application on the Student CD that goes with the chapter that you are working on and make corrections using proper format.
2. E-mail the work to me
when submitting homework chapters. No extensions will be given.
DO NOT MISS THE DEADLINES!!! NO EXTENSIONS!!!
Refer to your weekly emails for deadlines.
REALISTIC PRACTICE IN PROOFREADING AND EDITING:
Practice in proofreading includes correcting the following:
Errors in names, addresses, and number
Omissions, repetitions, and transpositions
Misspelled words and errors in word usage
Errors in capitalization and punctuation
Errors in plurals, possessives, and word division
Errors in number style
Errors in grammar and sentence structure
Style and format errors
Errors in statistical and technical documents
Practice in editing includes eliminating the following:
Wordiness and redundancies
I-attitude and negative words
Biased language and stereotypes
Errors in final copy