WEEK-AT-A-GLANCE (15-Week Class)
Course: BCOM 147
Instructor: Mageya R. Sharp
Text: BUSINESS COMMUNICATION,
(7th Edition) Text
Krizan, Merrier, Jones, and
ISBN: 0-324-37485-2 (Text available on
www.ichapters.com as an ebook.)
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Students explain why business communication is important to
individuals and organizations.
- Students explain the communication process and how cultural
differences affect business.
- Students describe current technology advances and their use to
improve organizational productivity.
- Students write clear, concise, and effective sentences in business
- Students develop clear, concise, logical, coherent, and effective
paragraphs in business documents.
- Students compose and format business letters, memos, and e-mails.
- Students compose and format business reports.
- Students prepare a business presentation in PowerPoint.
- Students prepare targeted and general résumés
in chronological, functional, or combination format.
Academic honesty is taken very seriously in this
class. Any breach of this policy will result in an “F” grade for the
specific work in question and/or a failing grade in the course and/or
any options as delineated in the Cerritos College
Academic Honesty/Dishonesty Policy.
||The final grade
will be determined from homework assignments, exams, and projects.
A = 540 – 600 C = 420 – 479
B = 480 –
539 D = 360 – 419
There will be
weekly homework assignments, each worth 10-20 points. All
assignments must be turned in complete and on time
to receive full credit. Incomplete assignments must be
completed and resubmitted for credit. All late and resubmitted
assignments will receive half points.
There will be five exams. Each exam will be worth 50 points.
Two exams will be dropped.
Seven projects will be due during the session.
(See detailed list). All projects must be complete and
submitted on time to receive full credit. Incomplete
assignments must be completed and resubmitted for credit. All late and
resubmitted assignments will receive half points.